According to Leigh Nash’s MySpace blog, Sixpence None the Richer is reuniting for an EP and tour!
…While he [Matt Slocum] was away we had both been thinking about the band and what we had all those years and what we took for granted. We were missing each other and the gift that I believe God gave us – I knew before that the two of us were more powerful than one of us alone, but it was becoming more obvious as time ticked by. We realized we were on the same page and decided to make Sixpence None the Richer records for the next 2,000 to 3,000 years!!!! Seriously – as long as we can: ) We are in the middle of making an EP right now that will be available soon! We also have a tour planned beginning in April. Yay!!! These things started happening almost immediately after we decided to start up the engines again. Amazing! I am so thankful and excited for the future. There is a Sixpence myspace page in the works and many details to come about the tour, EP etc very soon…
Read our interview with Leigh here.
- Sixpence None the Richer news
- Jars of Clay & Sixpence None The Richer Christmas Tour
- Most noted for the Grammy-nominated ballad “Kiss Me,” Sixpence has since become a household name. After the success of “Kiss Me” (landing on the soundtrack to Miramax Films’ “She’s All That” and played at the televised wedding of England’s Prince Edward in 1999) the band followed up with a cover of The La’s “There She Goes,” propelling them into the limelight again. Sixpence has appeared on The Late Show with David Letterman, The Tonight Show with Jay Leno and the gems of morning talk shows, as well as had their music hit #1 status in 11 countries
- C03 releases exlusive Christmas medley online
- Barlowgirl’s Home for Christmas coming September 23rd
- Jennifer Knapp Returning to Music!
- Jump5 members form new pop/rock duo, Guest
- “Leigh [Nash] and I had been making music together since we were teenagers. As we approached our 30s, there was a bit of restlessness to explore other things,” explains Matt Slocum. “In the midst of this exploration, I felt a void open up, like I needed to be making music with Leigh."
- MGMT to winner the Future Music Festival
- Brand new Family Force 5 song, “Fever"