The Merritt Mountain Music Festival has a new lease on life. After a year in hiatus, the event will return and run from July 7-10, 2011, Claude Lelievre, general manager of Active Mountain Entertainment and a festival cofounder, announced Wednesday. The artist roster will be announced in November.
High demand by the general public was a key factor in the company’s decision to carry on. "It’s amazing," Lelievre said. "The phone calls and e-mails have been overwhelming." After 17 years of producing the B.C. Interior’s largest entertainment event — attracting as many as 140,000 festival visits one year family owned Active Mountain folded its tent after the 2009 festival, citing financial burdens despite a top draw in headliner Kenny Chesney.
The event was scaled back in 2009. Lelievre said then the festival would be back, but when his invitation to bring aboard new financial partners didn’t have the desired effect, hope for a revival began to flag.
Some of Active Mountain’s larger creditors have come aboard as partners. Tickets go on sale Nov. 15, with reduced prices for admission and camping, according to a press release.
- Miami Ultra Music Festival 2011
- Kenny Chesney’s Summer In 3-D
- Purple Door Festival 2009 Artist Lineup Announced – Lower Ticket Prices!
- Creation Festival the Tour
- Creation festival 2008 lineup announced!
- Don’t miss the ‘Kids Day Out Music Festival’
- Creation Festival 2008 Tickets on sale now!
- Creation 2008 music festival survey
- MGMT to winner the Future Music Festival
- Thousand Foot Krutch Hits the Ground Running!