Jump5 founding members Brandon and Brittany Hargest recently announced the formation of their new pop/rock venture, guest. The brother-sister duo will make their debut at Gospel Music Week 2008, performing live at B.B. King’s on Tuesday, April 22.
Having dedicated almost a decade to the dance-pop/contemporary tween phenomenon Jump5, which disbanded last fall after selling more than 1.4 million albums, Brandon and Brittany Hargest will continue to pursue their musical passion via a new outlet.
“Jump5 was one of the best experiences of my life…it’s the reason I am who I am today,” says Brittany. “But Brandon and I knew that Jump5 wouldn’t last forever, so about two years ago we came up with the idea of making music together. We both love straight-up, piano-based music, and we were ready for a change.”
Brandon comments, “I have been writing eagerly for the past 6 or 7 years, hoping to be able to perform music that came from us. We are very excited about the opportunity to move on and do what we want as musicians.”
- Earth, Wind and Fire’s Sheldon Reynolds joins Jump5 on stage
- Gospel Music Channel takes inside look at Jump5′s Farewell concert
- ‘The Music Never Stopped’ gives the healing power of rock music its due
- Most Trends on Rock Music Styles
- “Leigh [Nash] and I had been making music together since we were teenagers. As we approached our 30s, there was a bit of restlessness to explore other things,” explains Matt Slocum. “In the midst of this exploration, I felt a void open up, like I needed to be making music with Leigh."
- YoUnG CoMpOsEr’S PaSsIoN
- Sixpence None the Richer reuniting!
- ACM Announces New Board Members
- First Music instrument
- MEMBERS OF MAYDAY The Single 2010