Fervent Records’ sister rock trio BarlowGirl is excited to announce their Million Voices fall headlining tour with fellow Christian artists Jimmy Needham and Brooke Barrettsmith. Starting in Texas on September 10, the tour will run through mid-November and focus on encouraging audiences to speak hope, truth and love to others.
BarlowGirl has also partnered with Mercy Ministries and will share about the organization at their live concert events, urging those in attendance to get involved and help support young women at Mercy who face life-controlling issues. The group plans on raising $1,000,000 to build a new house for Mercy Ministries, whose waiting list is in the hundreds. Each of the members of BarlowGirl has a heart that beats for the young people of this generation struggling with issues such as eating disorders, depression, etc. and is committed to ministering a message of hope to their audience. “We have such a heart for the broken and are honored to come alongside Mercy Ministries’ work in transforming the lives of young women from the inside out,” says BarlowGirl.
Since 1983, Mercy Ministries has provided life-changing services to young women who suffer from various debilitating conditions including drug and alcohol addiction, eating disorders, depression, physical and sexual abuse, self-harm and unplanned pregnancies. The residential program, which is free of charge, offers individualized programs, counseling, nutrition education, fitness instruction, life-skills training and educational opportunities to a diverse population of young women from various socio-economic backgrounds. It is Mercy Ministries’ goal to have each young woman discover purpose in her life and bring value to her community. Mercy Ministries is a global organization with locations in the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, Canada and Peru. For more information about Mercy Ministries, visit www.mercyministries.org.
The Million Voices tour is already scheduled to make a stop in the following cities:
The Woodlands, TX
E. Wenatchee, WA
Salt Lake City, UT
*More dates to follow*
Read our interview with Barlowgirl here.
Read our review of How Can We Be Silent here.
- Barlowgirl’s Home for Christmas coming September 23rd
- Barlowgirl to release Christmas album
- Michael W. Smith Set to Launch Christmas Tour
- Switchfoot “Up In Arms” tour to Benefit To Write Love On Her Arms
- Inhabited is also on the SHOUTfest tour this fall. For an updated tour itinerary or for more information on the band, visit: www.inhabitedtheband.com. Or their myspace page here
- Sanctus Real fall “We Need Each Other” tour
- New female duo Cadia releasing album Feb. 26
- Sanctus Real and Matthew West tour
- Jeremy Camp Headlining tour with Natalie Grant and Bebo Norman
- Krystal Meyers song “Make Some Noise” selected to promote fall NBC lineup