After school every day, some 50 Indonesian children and teenagers between the ages of three and 17 meet at this workshop. They train themselves and play a traditional bamboo musical instrument called the angklung.
It started out with just a few children in the 60s, but now about 600 people are enrolled in this team.
"This bamboo instrument workshop aims to conserve the art by bringing its essence into a performance art which is acceptable so that it will not die out." Each instrument produces only one note.
"Practicing bamboo instruments can train people to be restricted, therefore bamboo instruments are used as a device to strengthen team-building in an association, for example. To play a bamboo device you have to be in a group, you can’t play it alone."
- Beautiful sound in musical instrument
- Attractive Snazzy Maracas Musical instrument
- Make 3 Methods to Use Music to Increase Brain Speed
- First Music instrument
- Play in Folk Music instrument Guitar
- Music uses in Ethiopian instrument
- Youngsters ‘picking up more keyboards and guitars’
- Music around the world’ has been introduced to Fairmont students
- Why Music Gives Some People Chills
- Live Music helps disabled children to socialize