GRAMMY – nominated singer Ayiesha Woods’ hit song “Happy” will be used in the movie My Life In Ruins, which begins showing in theaters nationwide today, June 5th.
My Life in Ruins is romantic comedy film set amongst the ruins of ancient Greece, starring Nia Vardalos, Richard Dreyfuss, Alexis Georgoulis, Rachel Dratch, Harland Williams and British comedy actor and impressionist Alistair McGowan. The film is about a tour guide whose life takes a personal detour, while her group gets entangled in comic situations among the ruins, with a series of unexpected stops along the way.
Woods’ sophomore release Love Like This streeted last September 9th and has joined the highly merited ranks of her power-packed Gotee Records album Introducing Ayiesha Woods. The debut offering garnered Woods a GRAMMY nomination for “Best Pop/Contemporary Gospel Album”, as well as nabbing her an additional nod in the Dove Awards “New Artist of the Year” category. CCM Magazine also followed Woods’ career as one of three emerging musical talents for 2006 in their “Band Wagon” column, and MTVU.com’s URGE service (www.urge.com) picked Introducing Ayiesha Woods in their 2006 TOP 10 year-end list for Inspirational music. Woods, a favorite on the Women of Faith touring circuit, continues to perform throughout this year at festivals and on dates nationwide.
Read our interview with Ayiesha Woods.
- Ayiesha Woods “Love Like This” streeting later this summer
- Ayiesha Woods to release Christmas album Nov 10th
- Switchfoot song selected for Prince Caspian movie
- Michael W. Smith to be on 700 Club December 13th
- Rihanna, Britney kick off invigorated Billboard Awards
- Hip-Hop Marketing Guru Blasts Grammys Over Bieber slight
- Underwood top winner at American Country Awards
- New Justin Timberlake Song ‘Take You Down’ Leaks
- Krystal Meyers song selected for ABC lineup promotion
- Life & Faith Tour coming to a town near you!