New Fervent Records female duo Cadia will deliver a pop/rock debut full of songs speaking to the reality of where young people live. Releasing Feb. 26, 2008, the new self-titled project offers songs of outward compassion, finding one’s identity as well as confidence in Christ, and God’s amazing redemption.
Produced by Otto Price (BarlowGirl, Sonicflood, dcTalk) and Rob Hawkins (pureNRG, Jackson Waters), Cadia presents an accessible pop sound that results in an infectious, passionate release packed with guitar-laden hooks and melodic piano pop sure to appeal to fans of ZOEgirl and Krystal Meyers.
The anthemic "Inside/Out," penned by Nichole Nordeman, captures the heart of Cadia as it sends a message of self-acceptance. The song and accompanying music video are the featured theme song/video for Women of Faith’s "Revolve Tour," geared toward teen girls.
"Most of these songs, like ‘Inside/Out,’ are our way of talking to God about the way we feel and the things we’ve been through," says group member Tori Smith. "But these are universal themes, more than just for young women. We are all trying to find out where we belong; we’re all looking for that unconditional love. The thing is, we already belong, we are already loved that way by God, and that is the message that Cadia shares."
"Cadia means ‘a place of peace,’ explains Courtney Myers. "Each song here is saying that there is a place of peace, a safe place to fall, in this life. We’re all trying to find ourselves, trying to hear God through all the noise, the pain, the insecurities, the lies people have told us about who we are and who we’re not. These songs are our way of saying, ‘You can let that all go and just give it to God. He is the source of peace. He is the One who made us. He doesn’t make mistakes.’"
The girls’ debut radio single, "Trust in Me Now," released to Christian Adult Contemporary and Christian Hit Radio on Jan. 4, 2008. The pair will additionally open for Avalon’s spring tour in 2008.
The duo looks to Philippians 4:6-7, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus," as a verse to live by and encourages young women to do the same.
Visit Cadia online at their website and MySpace page.
- Stellar Kart releasing new album “Expect The Impossible” Feb. 26
- Mark Schultz releasing new studio album in August!
- Krystal Meyers’ Third Album “Make Some Noise” coming in September!
- We Will Stand Tour – Avalon, Michael English, Cadia, Daniel Doss Band
- Barlowgirl to launch “Million Voices” Fall tour
- Personal Music Players Damage Hearing Over Time
- Krystal Meyers song “Make Some Noise” selected to promote fall NBC lineup
- Avalon welcomes new member & new album: “Another Time Another Place : Timeless Christmas Classics"
- Carried Away Christmas song “Snow Falls"
- Underoath releasing live DVD