They might have been the only nine guys who could close out a show as frantic as the American Music Awards. In a show filled with pop newcomers like Taylor Swift and Justin Bieber, New Kids on the Block and Backstreet Boys graced the phase to show they still had the right stuff.
Like any good boy-band performance, there were rocket and sweet dance moves. The pop supergroup started with a mash-up of the BSB hit "Everybody (Backstreet’s Back)" and the NKOTB classic "Hangin’ Tough." Soon the guys slowed it down for Backstreet’s "I Want It That Way" and then kicked it old school for the New Kids’ "Step by Step."
All nine guys took a dance break before they segued into "The Right Stuff," total with the New Kids’ infamous shuffle dance from the video. The spotlight once again cut down on a BSB tune before they capped it off with "Larger Than Life," complete with an "NKOTBSB" chant. Confetti fell from the sky as the guys closed out the show.
Earlier in the night, all nine guys hit the AMA red carpet together. In an meeting earlier this month, they teased that there was a chance they might record a track together.
"It’s tough getting these guys in the studio. These young cats," New Kid Joey McIntyre explained about his tourmates, the Backstreet Boys. "Well, it’s honestly, it is hard to get everybody together. Yes, we have lots of huge intentions.
- Don’t miss the ‘Kids Day Out Music Festival’
- PureNRG to release video “Here We Go Again” on Yahoo! Kids
- Taylor Swift to Close Down CMA Music Fest
- BAD BOYS BLUE The New Album 2010
- Music helps to improve kids learning
- BAD BOYS BLUE The New Single 2010
- Black Eyed Peas underwhelm at halftime
- PROMO MUSIC NEWS AUGUST
- Music around the world’ has been introduced to Fairmont students
- How importance of Music in Early Childhood