Steven Curtis Chapman released the following at his website yesterday:
MARIA SUE CHAPMAN, DAUGHTER OF STEVEN CURTIS CHAPMAN, DIES IN ACCIDENT AT FAMILY HOME
NASHVILLE, TN…5/21/08… At approximately 5pm on the afternoon of Wednesday May 21st, Maria Sue Chapman, 5 years old and the youngest daughter to Steven and Mary Beth Chapman was struck in the driveway of the Chapman home in Franklin, TN. Maria was rushed to Vanderbilt Children’s Hospital in Nashville, transported by LifeFlight, but died of her injuries there. Maria is one of the close knit family’s six children and one of their three adopted daughters.
More than five years ago, Chapman and his wife MaryBeth founded The Shaohannah’s Hope Ministry after bringing their first adopted daughter, Shaohannah, home from China. The ministry’s goal is to help families reduce the financial barrier of adoption, and has provided grants to over 1700 families wishing to adopt orphans from around the world. Chapman is a five-time GRAMMY ® winner and 54-time Dove Award winning artist who has sold over 10 million albums and garnered 44 No. 1 singles.
- Michael Sweet’s wife dies
- Larry Norman dies at 60
- Media Statement from Nicol Sponberg & Selah
- Update on: Red involved in serious car accident
- Sergiu Luca, violinist and Da Camera founder, dies
- Bob Marley’s Family Loses Rights to His Most Famous Music
- 2009 Dove Award Winners!
- Former guitarist Jody Davis returns to Newsboys
- Jeremy Camp launches “Speaking Louder” Ministries
- Storyside:B’s Ron McClelland Dies