The BBC’s alternative music radio station 6 Music, which recently fugitive being shut down, has doubled its weekly listeners.
The digital station, which helped launch indie bands like Florence and the Machine, above, now has an regular of 1.2million tuning in, the latest Rajar figures expose.
A campaign by 6 Music fans to save the station advanced its audience to 100.7% more than last year.
BBC Asian Network, which still faces end, increased its listeners by 22.4% this quarter to 437,000 a week.
- Krystal Meyers song “Shine” released to radio
- Newworldson’s “Salvation Station” debuting Feb. 12
- B2ST displays dominance over Asian music fans through their first solo concert
- Winter High School Alumnus in Orbit on Space Station Will Talk with Wisconsin Students, State Representative
- Listening in radios music online
- How to Read Music in Better way
- And revival permeates Salvation Station, beginning with the title track’s driving beat which then gives way to the steady pulse of “Working Man.” The album also makes room for introspective songs like “Sweet Holy Spirit” and “Waitin’ Till the Rapture Comes.”
- Sanctus Real and Matthew West tour
- Youngsters ‘picking up more keyboards and guitars’
- Inpop records signs Newworldson