Switchfoot is giving away the song "Rebuild" on their website Switchfoot.com. Here’s what lead singer and guitarist Jon Foreman says in part about the song and the download:
"This summer, Matt Thiessen and I began to write a song specifically for our fall tour, the "Appetite for Construction” tour where a dollar from each ticket sold will go to Habitat for Humanity. The song, (written with Habitat in mind) was called "Rebuild." Afterwards, we said our goodbyes and both bands parted ways and drove on down the road. Hours later his bus burned down. After the flames died down, the song and the tour had a much deeper meaning…
"So we came up with this idea, more than just giving a dollar a ticket this tour we’ve decided to give a song away. We love giving things away whenever we can, our hope is that you do too.
"Download the song, "rebuild" and give your money or your time directly to Habitat for Humanity. That way you don’t need to even live in california, you can still help in your own backyard. If you’ve got extra cash, cool. If not, donate your time instead. Habitat is an incredible organization that has built houses from New Orleans to New Delhi for deserving individuals. After the fires die down we’ll need a lot of help in San Diego.
The song features someone from all three bands on tour: ourselves, Matt T. from Relient K and Dustin from Ruth on harmonica. The song means a lot to me and I hope you enjoy it. Now is the time to rebuild. Please join us.
Click here to go to the Switchfoot website.
Click here to read our review of Oh! Gravity.
- Switchfoot song selected for Prince Caspian movie
- Switchfoot 6th Annual BroAm A Success!
- Switchfoot “Up In Arms” tour to Benefit To Write Love On Her Arms
- Relient K drummer Dave Douglas leaving band
- Fairsharemusic.com allows music lovers to boost charity
- Ruth’s new album streeting October 28th
- Life & Faith Tour coming to a town near you!
- The Covers EP releasing digitally by Ruth
- Relient K & House of Heroes Christmas Songs Coming Nov. 18th
- Sanctus Real lead singer Matt Hammitt to release solo album