One of Christian music’s most recognized and beloved artists is opening the New Year with an exciting announcement: Rebecca St. James is engaged to be married!
St. James will wed the man she’s been waiting for –Jacob Fink—on a date soon to be announced. The Christmas Day proposal came at Rebecca’s family farm in Franklin, Tennessee where she was presented the brilliant, solitaire diamond ring. The groom-to-be asked her parents, David and Helen, for their blessing prior to him surprising Rebecca with the engagement ring and his request for her hand in marriage.
Jacob, originally from Colorado, now resides in Southern California. He spent two years as a missionary in South Africa before attending college and graduating summa cum laude with a degree in communications and an emphasis on film production. He worked in television production prior to his current career in music. The couple met through mutual friends in Los Angeles.
Noted Rebecca in a communication to friends: “We are truly amazed at finding our dreams and ideals met in the love we’ve found. We are exceedingly grateful for this precious gift from God.”
Rebecca’s signature song, “Wait For Me,” released in 2000, inspired national attention to the ideals of purity before marriage—a self-lived message she has taken to young people worldwide from her concert stages and through her best-selling books and personal testimony.
2011 will be a milestone year for St. James, who recently signed with Provident Label Group’s Beach Street/ Reunion Records. Her new studio album I Will Praise You releases on April 5 with its first single “Shine Your Glory Down” impacting radio on Feb. 11.
Currently planning promotional and concert tour dates, and a wedding, Rebecca is also putting final touches on her ninth book, “What Is He Thinking?” (Hachette/Faithwords), which is due out in September.
Read our interview with Rebecca.
Photo credit: Ben Smallbone
- Rebecca St. James on Hannity Tonight June 16th
- Rebecca Black has a holy place to Justin Bieber
- Meredith Andrews weds Jacob Sooter
- Purple Door Festival 2009 Artist Lineup Announced – Lower Ticket Prices!
- House of Heroes unveils three new songs
- Pillar “For the Love of the Game” coming in Feb. 26
- Rachel Zoe sparks the dazzling 10carat diamond ring
- Stryper lead singer Michael Sweet to perform with Boston
- American Ballet’s ‘Nutcracker’ Opening
- Lady Gaga Publicize Release Dates For Born This Way, First Single