NBC has selected “Make Some Noise,” the title-track from Krystal Meyers’ upcoming September 9, 2008 album, as its theme song to promote the NBC 2008 Fall line-up. The first promo spot featuring “Make Some Noise” will air tonight (8/8/08) during the first half-hour of the 2008 Olympics opening ceremonies, and will continue on through the promotion of NBC’s new Fall 2008 lineup.
Jim Vescera, EVP On Air Advertising West Coast, NBC, shares, “When we at NBC decided to embrace the ‘beautiful noise’ of our chimes (G-E-C), we looked no further than “Make Some Noise” by Krystal Meyers when wrapping our entire entertainment line-up in one blow-out fall promo.”
In addition,“Make Some Noise” has been selected to be on the official 2008 Olympics album, Olympics 2008 – One World One Dream. The project was approved by the International Olympics Committee. Krystal Meyers’ song, “Make Some Noise,” will appear alongside music from artists such as Pink, Avril Lavigne, John Mayer, Natasha Bedingfield, Fireflight, Boys Like Girls, among others. The album will release in early August 2008.
Krystal’s international success continues with radio airplay of “Make Some Noise” in Indonesia (No. 1 on DJ-FM), Hong Kong, Korea, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan and Thailand.
Make Some Noise is Meyers’ third studio album. The 10-track project, entirely written or co-written by Meyers, was recorded in Brentwood, Tenn. at Dutchland Studio, and was produced by Doubledutch (Mat Kearney, TobyMac).
A beautiful young woman, always effortlessly fashionable, Meyers is almost an anomaly in today’s culture. In a world where young artists seem to continually wind up as troubled tabloid fodder, she’s a successful recording artist who is incredibly grounded and ever mindful of her platform as an influencer. She’s equally comfortable appearing on the cover of Nylon Magazine (Japan) or speaking to young girls on the Revolve tour, an outing she’s looking forward to this fall.
Read our interview with Krystal here.
- Krystal Meyers song selected for ABC lineup promotion
- Krystal Meyers’ Third Album “Make Some Noise” coming in September!
- Krystal Meyers “Make Some Noise” video shoot
- Krystal Meyers song “Shine” released to radio
- Two Krystal Meyers songs to be used in video game Audition
- New female duo Cadia releasing album Feb. 26
- Switchfoot song selected for Prince Caspian movie
- Personal Music Players Damage Hearing Over Time
- Sanctus Real fall “We Need Each Other” tour
- Michael W. Smith to release A New Hallelujah Oct. 28