Award-winning Sparrow Records acts Matthew West and Sanctus Real will join WAY-FM and World Vision for the organizations’ first-ever national tour. Designed to bring World Vision’s ministry to the local station level, “The WAY-FM/World Vision ’09 Tour,” also featuring special guest Jason Gray, will kick off Jan. 28, 2009 in Charleston, SC, and visit 12 WAY-FM radio markets through Feb. 20, 2009.
“I’m ready to hit the road this spring with Sanctus Real,” says Matthew West. “WAY-FM has some of the greatest listeners in the world, and it’s going to be a blast visiting all these WAY-FM cities. Of course, the chance to team up with an outreach like World Vision is an honor, and we hope these concerts will be more than just music but a chance to change the world by teaming up with such an amazing ministry.”
“As we’re getting ready for the ‘WAY-FM/World Vision ’09 Tour,’ we see this as a unique opportunity for us to reach a whole new audience with our music,” says Sanctus Real frontman Matt Hammitt. “We’re great friends with Matthew West and so appreciate the ministry of both WAY-FM and World Vision. To be partnered with such great people is an honor and a pleasure. We know this will be a great tour on all levels and hope a ton of people come out and join us!”
“As the World Vision – WAY-FM partnership came together, we realized a national tour would be a great way to bring the story of the ministries of both organizations directly to our audience,” says Lloyd Parker, WAY-FM Chief Operating Officer. “Because both Matthew West and Sanctus have a heart for what we do, and they also receive a lot of airplay on WAY-FM, having them co-headline the tour made sense.”
“The World Vision Artist Associates Department has hoped for a tour with WAY-FM for many years,” says Jenny Lockwald, World Vision channel/product executive director, artist associates & volunteer programs. “This year along with the World Vision radio department we have produced a tour specific to the WAY-FM markets in conjunction with Maxx Live. The tour features Matthew West and Sanctus Real and introduces Jason Gray. We felt that the combination of these artists in concert would be attractive to the WAY-FM audience, as well as share World Vision ministry and need in serving the vulnerable and needy in over 100 countries on a daily basis.”
- Sanctus Real fall “We Need Each Other” tour
- Sanctus Real lead singer Matt Hammitt to release solo album
- Newsong and Todd Agnew Christmas Tour
- Creation Festival the Tour
- Jeremy Camp Headlining tour with Natalie Grant and Bebo Norman
- Tobymac Set to Release “Tonight” February 9th
- Big Daddy Weave releasing What Life Would be Like July 22
- Pillar announces “For the Love of the Game” tour dates
- Inhabited is also on the SHOUTfest tour this fall. For an updated tour itinerary or for more information on the band, visit: www.inhabitedtheband.com. Or their myspace page here
- Life & Faith Tour coming to a town near you!