Country singer and actress Julianne Hough’s career may be on the go up, but some say she is too hot for television, at least in one video. The 22-year-old “Burlesque” star recently revealed that her video for her single “Is That So Wrong” was dubbed too steamy to air on Country Music.
The video features the sexy star playfully dancing in her apartment and removing articles of clothing. And it was that lack of clothing that she says got the video banned from the airwaves. At the “Acoustic Christmas Concert” in Baltimore Friday, Hough introduced the song by sharing the story.
“This next song – funny story. I shot a music video for it … and [CMT] kind of banned it,” the Washington Post quoted her as telling the crowd. “Apparently I was taking off too many clothes as I was dancing across my bedroom. But I don’t know – I kind of liked it.”
CMT’s press office is staying silent on the video, but when we searched for it on YouTube, VEVO and even Hough’s own website, it was nowhere to be found. The video appeared to be removed from embedded posts Friday morning as well.
Hough has been in the news nonstop recently, especially for her May-December romance with powerhouse media personality Ryan Seacrest.
- Lady Gaga rules MTV Video Music Awards 2010
- New Fireflight “Unbreakable” Bionic Woman video
- Jimmy Needham creates music video for “Firefly"
- Eminem 2010 MTV Video Music Awards Promo Video
- Lee DeWyze’s ‘Sweet Serendipity’ Music Video Debuted
- Fireflight shoots video for “Unbreakable” using RED ONE camera technology
- Taylor Swift Mine Music Video Teaser
- Family Force 5 debuts new music video for “Radiator” on MySpace
- Dr. Dre Snapped Filming ‘Kush’ Music Video With spy Dogg
- Sugarland reconciles $14 million lawsuit with group’s founder