Lil Wayne is a superstar act, but the New Orleans MC isn’t just a solo wrap up. When he hits the stage at his I Am Music II showcase, he has his Young Money crew in tow, counting Nicki Minaj, Lil Twist, Mack Maine, Jae Millz and Shanell.
It’s a lesson the Cash Money Records artist erudite from watching Bad Boy and Roc-A-Fella treks in the past.
"That’s where I get my little vigor from, when I bring my whole group out there, and I want them to be heard," Wayne told. "I keep in mind when [Bad Boy] had Total, Biggie, Ma$e, Junior Mafia, all of them other people. Then you think of the Roc. We’re more so like the Roc. ‘Cause Jay always had artists the world didn’t know, but he put them on the proper song and everyone knows the song. But this time approximately, I want you to know the song, I want you to know the person, I want you to know us. And it’s no secret about it; I got the toughest team in the game right now and later."
On Wednesday, Weezy kicked off the follow-up to his winning I Am Music Tour. The show is set to run for 31 days, and all through, he’ll be joined by Rick Ross and Travis Barker with DJ Mix Master Mike. Drake, Tyga and the rest of Wayne’s YM family are predictable to drop in for select dates.
Wayne is touring in support of his approaching Tha Carter IV album, which he says is due in stores and online May 16.
- Disturbed, Korn lead Music as a Weapon 5 tour
- Stryper Announces 25th Anniversary Tour
- Michael W. Smith Set to Launch Christmas Tour
- Scottish singer Emma’s thoughts wins Must Be the Music
- Inhabited is also on the SHOUTfest tour this fall. For an updated tour itinerary or for more information on the band, visit: www.inhabitedtheband.com. Or their myspace page here
- Natalie Grant “Relentless” tour
- What difference Old Music to New?
- Relient K drummer Dave Douglas leaving band
- Jeremy Camp Headlining tour with Natalie Grant and Bebo Norman
- Creation of Music Tool Idea