There are few better ways to celebrate what would be Michael Jackson’s 52nd birthday than with a tribute mixtape devoted to the King of Pop . DJ-producer J. Period joins forces with director Spike Lee and 40Acres.com to release a free limited edition mixtape Man or the Music (40 Acres Edition), an 80-minute collection of MJ classics, rare demo tracks, remixes, and behind-the-scenes interview clips.
The mixtape overlaps with Spike Lee’s 2nd Annual “Brooklyn Loves MJ” celebration in Brooklyn’s Prospect Park, taking place today (Aug. 29).
“It is a tremendous honor to join a storyteller like Spike Lee in celebrating the legacy of Michael Jackson’s music with an elite mixtape for this incredible event,” stated J. Period. “Crafting the tape was a labor of love and a learning experience. Digging through hours of interview material and music, I have definitely gained a new respect for Michael’s life and legacy, and I’m excited to share that with my fans—and over 25K fellow MJ fans in attendance on Sunday!”
The mixtape offers tracks including the demos for “Billie Jean,” “Don’t Stop ‘Til You Get Enough,” “P.Y.T.,” and “Workin’ Day and Night,” as well as remixes of “Rock With You” and the Jackson 5’s “It’s Great to Be Here.”
- Michael Jackson’s Unreleased 100 Songs Album Release
- Michael Jackson’s Greatest Non-Musical Achievements
- Michael Tait to join Newsboys!
- Michael W. Smith Christmas album
- Pillar bassist Michael “Kalel” Wittig leaving group
- Michael W. Smith Set to Launch Christmas Tour
- MJ’s estate to turn into music institute
- Michael W. Smith to record live worship CD June 20
- Sony E450 MP3 Player launched with Lyrics & Karaoke Mode
- Michael W. Smith to release A New Hallelujah Oct. 28