Rapper Eminem along with earlier production company F.B.T Productions LLC wins a digital royalties lawsuit. They will be paid higher digital music royalties from Universal Music Group (UMG) according to a recent ruling by a federal appeals court. The rapper’s company will receive an additional share of the royalties for music that is downloaded over iTunes or as cellphone ringtone sales.
- Eminem – Universal Execs Challenge Eminem Royalties Suit
- Sugarland reconciles $14 million lawsuit with group’s founder
- Tom Jones receive Music Industry Trusts’ Award
- Apple changes tune on music downloads
- Music sovereignty talks deem cell phone mandate
- Karkwa wins the 2010 Polaris Music Prize
- Sony launches music streaming overhaul
- U.S. Supreme Court declines plea of ban on religious music at N.J. schools
- Warner signs fresh publishing chief EMI signs Pink Floyd – again
- Avalon welcomes new member & new album: “Another Time Another Place : Timeless Christmas Classics"