With an amazing string of successes with her 2006 debut, Gotee Records’ GRAMMY – nominated singer/songwriter Ayiesha Woods is poised to release her next musical installment with Love Like This, set to street late Summer 2008.
Love Like This features 11 songs produced by Chris Stevens (TobyMac, Mandisa) and Jamie Moore (CeCe Winans, TobyMac). Song titles include “Love Can’t Wait,” “Because of You,” “Love Like This,” “New Beginnings,” and “One Day,” as well as “Transparent,” “Fight,” “Never Give Up,” “Refine Me,” “Take Me There,” and “Love Is Alive.”
Along with the first single “Love Can’t Wait” going for adds at both CHR and AC radio formats in June, Woods will be highly visible in the upcoming months. Woods is slated to perform at Creation East, Lifefest, Creation West, Life Light Festival, Music Boat Cruise 2008, Girls Get-A-Way Cruise 2008, and various other spot dates. A favorite on the Women of Faith and Revolve tour circuit last year, she will again join the cast for five dates this summer.
Woods has merited popular and critical acclaim for her power-packed Gotee debut Introducing Ayiesha Woods. The album garnered Woods a GRAMMY nomination for “Best Pop/Contemporary Gospel Album”, as well as nabbing an additional nod in the Dove Awards “New Artist Of The Year” category. CCM Magazine followed Woods’ career as one of three emerging musical talents for 2006 in their “Band Wagon” column, and MTU.com’s URGE service (www.urge.com) picked Introducing Ayiesha Woods in their 2006 TOP 10 year-end list for Inspirational music. Her hit single “Happy” was also used an ad campaign for the DVD release of the Russell Crowe film, A Good Year. Musically inclined since childhood, Woods has seen her share of accolades including a 2004 “Producer of the Year” award from the Caribbean Gospel Music Marlin Awards, and a Marlin Awards’ “New Artist of the Year” and “Contemporary Vocal Performance of the Year (Female).”
- Ayiesha Wood’s song Happy in My Life in Ruins movie
- Ayiesha Woods to release Christmas album Nov 10th
- Pillar announces “For the Love of the Game” tour dates
- Tobymac Set to Release “Tonight” February 9th
- Casting Crowns with Carrie Underwood at Grammys
- For the first time—cast your vote for the Dove Awards!
- Pillar “For the Love of the Game” coming in Feb. 26
- Ruth’s new album streeting October 28th
- Creation Festival 2008 Tickets on sale now!
- Folk music award nominations out