Multi-Platinum selling rock band Switchfoot launches its spring “Up In Arms Tour” in San Antonio March 27 and hits college towns throughout the South and Midwest states. The tour will benefit To Write Love on Her Arms (TWLOHA) and features a special performance by double Platinum-selling English band, Athlete. Tickets for the tour are on sale today and can be purchased through www.switchfoot.com. (See below for the full itinerary).
“We’ve known Jamie [Tworkowski] for over five years now, and when he first told us about his vision to start TWLOHA two years ago, we were thrilled to jump on board in whatever way we could, wearing his t-shirts, linking to his myspace, just getting the word out,” says Switchfoot member Tim Foreman. “The dialogue surrounding depression is such an important one. It is huge for people to know that these are issues that are normal and ok to talk about. TWLOHA is breathing hope into lives once trapped by fear and doubts. ‘Love is the Movement.’ We’re honored that a song we wrote seven years ago has become the slogan for TWLOHA. And it’s true: love provides the motion that pushes us past the scars wear.”
“Switchfoot was the first band to lend the stage to us, back when TWLOHA was simply an attempt to tell a story and help one friend,” says Jamie Tworkowski, To Write Love on Her Arms founder who will be briefly speaking before Switchfoot’s set each night on tour. “That was two years ago and we have come a long way since that surprising start. We are truly honored and excited to hit the road with this band that means so much to us.”
To Write Love on Her Arms began in Orlando, FL in February 2006 and is a non-profit movement dedicated to presenting hope and finding help for those struggling with depression, addiction, self-injury and suicide. TWLOHA exists to encourage, inform, inspire, and also to invest directly into treatment and recovery.
- Switchfoot song selected for Prince Caspian movie
- New Switchfoot song “Rebuild” with Matt Thiessen from Relient K & Dustin Ruth of Ruth
- Switchfoot 6th Annual BroAm A Success!
- Barlowgirl to launch “Million Voices” Fall tour
- Pillar announces “For the Love of the Game” tour dates
- Stryper Announces 25th Anniversary Tour
- Ayiesha Woods “Love Like This” streeting later this summer
- Newsong and Todd Agnew Christmas Tour
- We Will Stand Tour – Avalon, Michael English, Cadia, Daniel Doss Band
- Life & Faith Tour coming to a town near you!