“New Day,” from Sparrow recording artist Robbie Seay Band, will be featured on episode three of “Oprah’s Big Give,” which will air this Sunday, March 16 at 9 pm ET on ABC. “New Day,” showcased on Robbie Seay Band’s critically acclaimed 2007 release, Give Yourself Away, is slated to be the group’s next Christian radio single, following their Top 5 hit “Song of Hope.”
The March 2 premiere of "Oprah’s Big Give" drew 15.7 million viewers, the largest audience in primetime that week for any program other than "American Idol," according to Nielsen Media Research. On the show, participants compete to find the most creative ways to multiply a given amount of money and other resources before giving them away to help others.
In addition, FOX recently featured Robbie Seay Band’s “Rise” on four national television promotional spots for its hit show “American Idol.” The song was used in promotion for the seventh season of “American Idol,” which premiered January 15 and 16.
Give Yourself Away released August 28 and was one of the top 25 Christian albums downloaded on iTunes for over 18 weeks. The album features the hit single, “Song of Hope,” which charted 18 weeks in the Top 5 on R&R’s Christian CHR National Airplay chart and Top 10 on R&R’s Christian AC National Airplay chart. The song was also one of the Top 20 Christian CHR/pop singles of 2007, according to CRW’s year-end charts.
Read our review of Give Yourself Away here.
- Relient K drummer Dave Douglas leaving band
- C03 releases exlusive Christmas medley online
- Plummer joins ‘Sound of Music’ get-together on ‘Oprah’
- Music lyrics give the expressions for song
- Pillar announces “For the Love of the Game” tour dates
- ACE OF BASE New Band New Song !
- Randy Rogers Band Interview
- Underwood top winner at American Country Awards
- New Switchfoot song “Rebuild” with Matt Thiessen from Relient K & Dustin Ruth of Ruth
- Brooke Barrett Smith signs with Essential