Home to today’s most influential Christian music artists, including newsboys, Mat Kearney, Shane and Shane, and Superchick, Inpop Records readies to launch its next big act with Newworldson. Featuring an energetic blend of pop, soul, and gospel, Newworldson will release its national label debut on Feb. 12, 2008.
Newworldson comprises singer-songwriter Joel Parisien, drummer Mark Rogers, bassist Rich Moore and guitarist/vocalist Josh Toal. Each a gifted musician in his own right, the members of Newworldson are collectively winning fans across the country, currently opening on labelmate newsboys’ highly successful “GO” tour.
Newworldson weaves its diverse musical influences and talents into a unique tapestry, passionately underscoring the spiritual content of its lyrics each time the band performs. As with its forthcoming album, Newworldson’s music inspires fellow Christians to actively seek God, encouraging listeners to unite in praise, share fellowship and experience revival. The band’s eclectic sound, combined with its compelling live show, draws a diverse audience of Christians and non-Christians alike, creating a demand for Newworldson’s music at churches, outreach events, and festivals.
“Newworldson is something special; I have yet to see this band perform live without receiving a standing ovation,” says Inpop President Dale Bray. “The band connects with our souls and excites us with its performance. Newworldson is a band with meaning, integrity and limitless talent, bringing life to an industry that needs air.”
The band’s February release, Salvation Station, produced by Newworldson and Justin Koop (Billy Talent, Silverstein), features the title track and debut radio single, “Salvation Station,” going for adds at both Christian Adult Contemporary as well as Christian Hit Radio on Nov. 2. Additional details on the project are forthcoming. For more information on Newworldson, visit: www.newworldson.com or www.myspace.com/newworldson.
- Newworldson’s “Salvation Station” debuting Feb. 12
- And revival permeates Salvation Station, beginning with the title track’s driving beat which then gives way to the steady pulse of “Working Man.” The album also makes room for introspective songs like “Sweet Holy Spirit” and “Waitin’ Till the Rapture Comes.”
- Newsboys release Live CD/DVD “Houston We Are Go” Sept. 30
- Former guitarist Jody Davis returns to Newsboys
- Newsboys to release Christmas Album!
- Everyday Sunday counts down to new album!
- Brooke Barrett Smith signs with Essential
- Warner signs fresh publishing chief EMI signs Pink Floyd – again
- Natalie Grant “Relentless” tour
- Inhabited signs with 7 Spin music, “LOVE” to release February 2008